Fun Food Tools 2.5 inch (6.5 cm) Cookie Stamps
Fun Food Tools 3.2 inch (8 cm)
Fun Food Tools' extra large 3.2 inch (8 cm) cookie stamps are big and beautiful. As with all of our texture tools, they are carved with a bevel to provide excellent release. The beautiful designs are unique to Fun Food Tools.
Fun Food Tools fondant (and cookie) rollers are deeply carved from acrylic to provide a clear bold imprint. Should they need cleaning, warm water and a soft brush is all that is needed. Please use these rollers with cold fondant. The designs are carved with a bevel to provide excellent release. These rollers are great for custom wedding cakes or other specialty uses of fondant.
About Fun Food Tools
(and a VERY good recipe at the bottom of the page.)
Fun Food Tools Small Rolling pins
Fun Food Tools small rolling pins work great for cookies up to 4.75 inch (12 cm) wide - and as long as you wish! The rolling pins are made from the same hardwood, are cut with the same deep beveled cut, and are finished with the same quality as all the tools at FFT.
Here is a delicious recipe that works well with our cookie stamps (contributed with permission from www.mybakingbestie.com - a really wonderful baking website!!):
1 cup unsalted butter - chilled.
1 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
2 tsp (10 ml) Caramel flavoring ( Lor Ann's Caramel Flavoring)
1.5 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp salt
3 cups All purpose flour (rice flour for dusting the dough and stamp also works well - thanks for this tip from Jeanne Kelsey)
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Use parchment paper to cover the cookie sheets. The paper may be reused.
3. In your mixer bowl cream butter and sugar until smooth, at least 2 minutes.
4. Beat in caramel flavoring, vanilla extract, and egg.
5. In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder, salt, and flour. Add to the wet ingredient mixing bowl a little at a time.
6. Mix until thoroughly blended.
7. Chilling the dough is not strictly necessary with this recipe, though you can if you prefer and helps keep the dough from sticking to the stamp.)
Using a wood cookie stamp:
The fast/casual method:
1. Roll balls of dough between your hand to the 'right' size.
2. Sprinkle both the stamp and the cookie mix with some flour (regular or rice), and then place the ball on the baking sheet..
3. Press the cookie stamp firmly onto the ball of dough. Some dough may squeeze out around the edge of the stamp - or not - depending on how large the balls of cookie dough are. This is a fast and casual way of making imprinted cookies, so the exact size of the cookie dough balls is not very critical. The cookies will taste delicious and the stamped design will look great either way. If the cookie dough sticks in the mold, then sprinkle a bit more flour the next time. You'll get a feel for this quickly.
The more precise way:
1. Divide the dough into 3 chunks and roll out each chunk onto a floured surface to about a 1/4 inch thickness.
2. Use a wooden stamp to press down into the dough to create the design. Be sure to sprinkle some flour on both the dough and the wood cookie stamp.
3. Use a 2.5 inch (6.5 cm) bround cookie cutter to cut around the design and place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (177 degrees C) for 8-9 minutes. A bit longer if the cookies are rolled thicker.
5. Cool the cookies on a cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.
Fun Food Tools is an American company based out of Appleton, Wisconsin. We specialize in the design and manufacturing of texture tools for food - cookie stamps, fondant roller, small rolling pins, and so on. The company consists of 4 people: Rick, Angie, Rachel, and Tim, and we are all committed to providing you with an excellent product and with excellent service.
Here is a quick intro to the tools we make):
(naturally, we have lots of designs in each style)
This is the smaller (2.5 inches, 6.5 cm in diameter) of the two sizes of cookie stamps that we make. The carving is deep and cut with a bevel for an easy release. The wood is finished with a durable food safe oil finish that is designed to make these cookie stamps last for generations.